Thursday, February 16, 2012

Stress Free Party Planning

This week on Life Well Lived, they are discussing tips for how to host a gathering, get together, or party that is enjoyable and stress free for both the guests and host.


Pre-kids, I used to host a lot of gatherings at my house.  Since having kids, I don't do this near as much simply because it takes too much work to clean my house and my kids tend to show their true colors when we have guests over.


However, in the past few weeks I've hosted two gatherings and we have a birthday party coming up next week so this topic has been on my mind a lot lately.


My first rule of hosting is to keep it simple.  While I would love to lavish my guests with tons of great food, over the top favors, and a spic and span house, that just isn't going to happen in this phase of my life.  I've learned to make one or two things from scratch and either buy the rest or make it a potluck gathering.


I also keep a great stock of disposable plates, cups, napkins, and utensils on hand.  These can be found on clearance after every holiday or at the dollar store.  By having these things on hand I have one less thing on my to do list and no dishes to wash after the party.


Finally, I've learned a great party can still happen even if your house isn't spotless.  I try to clear the most noticeable places, wipe down the guest bathroom counter and restock with toilet paper, and light a candle so that the whole house smells great.


If I'm stressed from trying to do it all my guests will catch on and it won't be as fun of a gathering but if I keep it simple then we all can relax and have a good time.

Head on over to Life Well Lived and enter their sweepstakes or leave a comment sharing your favorite stress free tips for party planning.

0 comments:

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster