Wednesday, March 28, 2012

What Makes You Happy?


Life Well Lived has another great question up this week asking how you put yourself first and how that makes you happier.


Some of you already know this, but I pay to put my youngest in childcare one day a week.  It gives me time to get my errands run, work on my business, etc.  It also gives him time to socialize with others his age.


When I first started doing this, I ran myself ragged trying to get everything done during that one day.  I quickly realized that wasn't going to work because I'm more stressed by the end of the day.  Now, I take at least an hour during that day and do whatever I want.  It might be going to Einstein Bros for a delicious cup of coffee, vegging in front of the TV, working in my garden (this isn't work to me, it is relaxing), etc.  About once every other month, I take the full day just for me.  


I always find myself way more relaxed and I can tackle the chores of life much quicker because I'm not near as stressed out.


How do you take time for yourself?  Feel free to reply on this post or head over to Life Well Lived and comment there.  While you are there, don't forget to enter their sweepstakes to win a Kindle Fire.

0 comments:

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster