Friday, January 15, 2010

Food Friday: Mini Frittatas

I originally saw this recipe on the Food Network and put it in the back of my mind as something to make for MOPS one day. It is a Giada De Laurentis recipe and is super easy. A few days after watching this episode, I received a frantic email that we wouldn't have enough food for MOPS the next day and could I bring more. I immediately found this recipe online and am glad I tried it. It is a wonderful way to clean out the pantry as you can vary the ingredients for what you have on hand. I used leftover ham from Christmas (from my freezer) and shredded Mozzarella cheese.

Mini Frittatas

8 large eggs
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1/4 tsp salt
4 oz thinly sliced ham, chopped
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley (I used dried as it as all I had)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 2 mini muffin tins (each with 24 cups) with nonstick spray. Whisk the eggs, milk, pepper, and salt in a large bowl to blend well. Stir in the ham, cheese, and parsley. Fill prepared muffin cups almost to the top with the egg mixture. Bake until the egg mixture puffs and is just set in the center, about 8-10 minutes. Using the rubber spatula, loosen the frittatas from the muffin cups and slide the frittatas onto a platter. Serve immediately.

1 comments:

Anjanette said...

mmm! I'm making something very similar on my freezer cooking day next week! Just posted about frittata, too! Love it! I'm also in MO (Lee's Summit)!

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster