Monday, January 2, 2012

New Approach to Goals for 2012

I've talked several times in the past how I'm not a fan of New Year's resolutions but I'm a huge fan of goals.  This year I've decided to change up how I'm going to reach some of those goals.

In the past, I've set a few long term goals for the year and then tried to work on them all at the same time.  This year, I've been inspired by Money Saving Mom's 21 Days to a More Disciplined Life series.  In this series she encouraged everyone to work on changing one or two things at a time, not reinvent the wheel on life.

So, for 2012, I'm going to work on just one or two areas at a time.  My first focus is going to be my health.  Due to sitting on the couch most of December while I was healing from foot surgery and then eating way too much during the holidays, I'm feeling a little large right now.

I've mentioned in the past how I changed our eating habits this year to a more whole foods diet.  If you would look in my cabinets right now you would wonder if this was really true.  I could barely walk through a grocery store in December so a lot of junk food and quick, easy meals entered my house again.  I'm ok with that for a season, but it is time to clean up again.  This week I'm going to work on restocking my house with good foods.

I'm also going to work this week on a two week meal plan.  Next week, my focus will be on restocking my freezer with several quick and easy breakfast and snack options.  I made several of these items before surgery but they ran out very quickly.

While I would like to get back to the gym to work on the exercise part, I'm still very limited on what I can do.  However, my focus for that area this week is to get my hand held weights out and do some upper body work at home.  I figure a little bit is better than not doing anything at all. 

I have plenty of other goals for this year, such as decluttering my house (I'm pretty sure I tell you guys this every year!), revamping my garden, and spending more quality time with my kids but I feel my whole family needs to get back on track with our health before I can begin working on other areas.

Feel free to post your goals in the comments section.  I know I always stick with them better if I make them public.  Nothing like exposing yourself to whole world to keep you on track!

0 comments:

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster