Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Reality TV Is Changing Our Family's Palate

You guys have heard me say many times that my husband is super picky when it comes to food.  He wants the same 5 recipes over and over and would be very content eating a cheeseburger and fries every day of his life.  I'm exactly the opposite.  I want to try new recipes and need variety in my menus.  At least once a week I try a new recipe but I try to make sure it isn't too far off from my husband's comfort zone.

Over the past year or so, my husband has become interested in several food based reality TV shows.  A few he came in on while I was watching and became hooked but a few he found on his own.  It always cracks me up because most of these shows are a bit more gourmet than he is.  After watching one particular show the other day, he commented that he would be willing to try risotto sometime.  I about fell out of my chair because he suggested something "gourmet".  I jumped at the chance and served it for dinner tonight.  He ate two helpings!!!  Thank you Kitchen Nightmares, Next Food Network Star, Top Chef, and others for helping me find one more food we can eat.  I'm hoping this is a baby step towards trying more new foods.

 

1 comments:

Rebekah Williams said...

And there ya have it: proof that reality tv really is positive for this country.

Gotta go. American Idol's on . . . :)

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster