Friday, April 24, 2009

Food Friday: Campfire Potatoes

It turned warm here this week which puts me in the mood for grilling. I discovered this recipe last summer while looking for ways to use a 5 gallon bucket of potatoes my father in law dropped off. It quickly became a favorite. I should note that I no longer measure the ingredients, I just take a guess and dump all the ingredients on. The original recipe can be found at Recipe Zaar.

Campfire Potatoes

5 medium potatoes, peeled & sliced
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (I've used the canned stuff and it works too)
2 tsp minced fresh parsley (dried works too)
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 cup butter or margarine, cubed (I usually use less to keep it semi-healthy)

Place half of the potatoes on a large piece of heavy duty foil. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; dot with butter. Top with the remaining potatoes. Fold foil over and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 30-35 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.

0 comments:

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster