Friday, April 10, 2009

Food Friday: Creamed Corn

With Easter being this weekend and many people cooking a large meal, I thought I would post a simple, yet delicious side dish. This comes from a friend in MOPS and I first discovered the dish when we made a recipe book last year in MOPS. Most moms with preschoolers tend to go for quick and easy yet tasty recipes and this fits the bill nicely.

HOMEMADE CREAM CORN


4 cups frozen sweet corn

4 oz. cream cheese (1/2 of a block)

2 Tbsp sugar

2 Tbsp butter

Dash salt

Cover corn in a sauce pan with water. Boil for 8-10 minutes. Drain water. Add ingredients. Consistency should be creamy and corn all covered.

2 comments:

Together We Save said...

Soundy yummy. I do the whole Easter Dinner thing for my family and I like to try something different.

Rachel said...

Great site! You have some wonderful info on here I will certainly use.

I’m always looking for ideas and info to add to my blog.

I just started a free stuff challenge - http://www.chachingqueen.com/2009/04/free-stuff-challenge.html



If you get a chance, stop by my blog.
http://www.chachingqueen.com
Feel free to use any of my info, just please give me credit and link back to my site.

Right now I have lots of printable coupons and free stuff posted.

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster