Monday, October 27, 2008

Always Back Up Your Computer

My computer is officially toast. We were able to get power to it for awhile this weekend, but not very long. The fan went out and there is a weak connection where the power supply plugs in. Please let this serve as a reminder to back up your computer often. We hadn't in awhile and now I'm scrambling to replace those documents. When I get a new computer, I plan on backing up more often by placing a reminder on my calendar. We are going to take the computer to one of our computer geek friends and see if they can take the hard drive out and put it in another computer so we can get our information off.

In the meantime, I'm using my husband's work computer. It makes me appreciate my computer that much more. He isn't allowed to save any passwords or download anything on this computer. It is driving me crazy that there is no tab feature on his Internet Explorer and that I have to type in every single password. I am grateful for a backup computer though so I can't complain too much. We hope to have a new computer sometime in the next few week's. My parents offered to help us out by applying our Christmas money towards the computer. I will miss opening presents under the tree, but I'm glad we don't have to dip further into savings for our computer.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie - sorry to hear about your computer. You might want to consider using online backup when you get a replacement. It all happens automatically, so there's no need for you to actually remember to backup. A great advantage in my opinion. I use an online backup service called Angel Backup and I think it is great.

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster