Friday, October 24, 2008

Can The Flood Please Stop?

I think I can safely say that my "when it rains, it pours" posts have turned into a flood. My laptop just died. I'm using my husband's work computer to get things done. The computer will work for a few seconds and then it will say there is no battery power. The battery barely works but the computer is plugged in. For some reason, it will not recognize that it is plugged in for more than about five minutes. I'm looking right now to see how much a replacement power supply is but I'm thinking it is time to replace the whole thing since we have had one problem after another with computer. For the record, I'm no longer a fan of Compaq. Our computer is 2 1/2 years old and should have lasted much longer.

To top off this fun time of everything expensive dying, my son has been a holy terror today. He finally just crashed for a nap - on the couch. I'm grateful for the nap, but I really need him in his bed. I was planning on cooking during naptime because my parents are coming over for dinner. The kitchen is right next to the living room so this will not work. After trying to move him three times, I finally gave up.

On the positive side, my husband was off work yesterday and he thoroughly cleaned the house. I came home from work to a very nice looking house.

4 comments:

christie said...

Goodness. We are in much the same boat as you. (Glad I've got some company) It seems like that is how it happens with us as well. Instead of being spread out on manageable portions, the little disasters all come on us at once, and we are stressed and frantic for weeks on end. It will get better, it always does. But I do know your stress!Just hang in there girlie!

David said...

Wow! I had no idea that the title of my post today is the title of a blog. I am grateful that you stopped by as I am so enjoying and reaping the benefits of your treasure.
I will be a regular and I thank you again.
Your "voice" is wonderful!

Warmest,

David

Julie said...

Thanks for the compliment!

Anonymous said...

I know of so many people that have troubles with Compaq. Sorry to hear you are one, too. Hope it all works out soon.

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster