Monday, October 20, 2008

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Store

Today was co-op and it was my day to play so I decided to do a little shopping. I have very few fall clothes that fit but I have very little budget for clothes right now so it is a challenge to find anything. I was armed with $10 in gift cards to Target and $20 of birthday money left. The funny thing that happened is that I found my priorities have changed drastically over the past year. I used to find a decent shirt or skirt for a few bucks and buy it if it fit without thinking much about it. I've always been frugal so nothing was usually over $20. Today, I found several cute things, but I couldn't even bring myself to try it on unless I absolutely loved it. No more buying just because I wanted something new.

I wound up with a shirt from Target for $9.99 and a shirt from Goodwill for $5. I really wanted a new skirt since I only have one fall skirt that actually fits and is semi in style but apparently skirts aren't selling right now. I saw a few out there but most store barely even had one rack for them. It looks like I will be wearing slacks to work and church instead of skirts but at least I have two new shirts and even a little money left over.

0 comments:

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster