Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Don't Panic - The Economy Will Turn Around

I've been listening to a lot of talk radio since yesterday afternoon (my husband is a talk radio junkie) and I'm sick of hearing the doom and gloom of our economy. Yes, we are in tough times but the world is not going to end. If you look back at history, there have been several economic downturns but people eventually came out of it. This is just another bump in the road of history.

Many years from now, you can tell stories to your grandkids of how you survived the great economic bust of 2008. You can tell them about the fun things you learned to do at home because you had to get creative to save money. You can tell them how your family grew closer together during the hard times. You can cook some of the new recipes you learned how to make or show them how to grow a garden because that is what it took to feed your family. My point is, life will go on, and you will probably be better for it. Our world became money hungry and this bump in the road is simply correcting that. No, I do not enjoy living on the very limited income we have right now but I have learned some wonderful lessons from it that I hope to pass on to my child and future grandchildren. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

0 comments:

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster