Sunday, September 14, 2008

Grape Jelly

It is never too early to start thinking about Christmas presents. Over the next few months, I plan on featuring several easy and frugal ideas for Christmas gifts. Today, I urge you to check out this post from Owlhaven on how to make grape jelly. I always assumed it was hard and time consuming but this seems very doable. If anyone decides to give it try, let me know. Next time I find grape jelly on sale, I might give this a try. If you watch garage sales or freecycle, you can get jars for super cheap and new lids can be purchases at most major grocery stores. Homemade food, either by itself or part of a large basket of items, is usually a hit at the holidays. It makes good birthday presents too.

2 comments:

Owlhaven said...

yes, let me know if you try it!!
Mary

Anonymous said...

Looks like we all have Christmas on the brain! Thanks for stopping by today! You'll have to submit something once I start my "Christmas carnival!"

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster