Friday, September 26, 2008

Food Friday: Overnight French Toast Casserole

I first discovered this recipe last fall when I needed to bring something to MOPS for brunch. It is super easy and very frugal. I love that it is made the night before so all you have to do is pop it in the oven that morning.

In case anyone is wondering why I have no food pictures, my camera is on the fritz. It is rare that I can get a decent picture. If I ever get one, it usually gets posted. On my Christmas wish list this year is a new camera.


Overnight French Toast Casserole

½ cup butter or margarine
12 slices white bread
1 cup brown sugar (you may want to reduce to 2/3 cup)
1 tsp cinnamon
5-6 eggs
1 ½ cups milk

Melt margarine in a 9 x 13 baking pan. Put 6 slices of bread in bottom of pan. In a bowl mix 1 cup brown sugar with 1 tsp cinnamon. Sprinkle 1/2 of this sugar mixture over bread. Add another layer of 6 slices of bread. In a bowl, whisk eggs with milk until well blended. Pour over bread layers. Sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Bake covered at 350F 30 minutes. Uncover and continue baking 15 minutes or until set and browned.

0 comments:

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster